Safety & Security
Our Hancock Park neighborhood is a beautiful oasis in the middle of a very large city, and as a neighborhood we need to stay alert.
Report all incidents to LAPD!
- Our neighborhood resources are allocated based on incidents that are reported. In the event of an emergency you should call 911.
- Always notify our Senior Lead Officer (SLO) Dave Cordova: cell phone at 213-793-0650, email: firstname.lastname@example.org You should also notify the Wilshire Station front desk at 213-473-0476.
- Remember to list the time and date of the incident and any significant descriptions.
Contact your Private Security Company:
- SSA Security Group, Inc. and ADT are two private security companies currently providing a majority of service to Hancock Park residents. (Individual homeowners contract with these services; the HPHA does not pay them.)
- Private security companies provide service to Hancock Park residents who are their patrol and/or home security system customers.
- Information about SSA Security Group, Inc. , which the HPHA’48 endorses, can be obtained at 818-773-5600 or www.SSA-SecurityGroup.com. Emails can be sent directly to JShaw@ssa-pi.com.
- Information about ADT Patrol can be obtained at 888-335-7912 or www.adt.com. ADT Patrol Manager, Mike Ball email@example.com
Participate in Neighborhood Watch and be a good neighbor!
- Get to know your neighbors!
- Find out who your Block Captain is and offer to help them gather contact information for your block's residents.
- Don’t be afraid to question suspicious looking behavior on your block and contact your Block Captain, the LAPD and your Private Security Company.
- Improve your personal safety and make your own home safer – for example, fix weak locks, install proper lighting over the front door, install motion sensitive light over the garage/driveway, trim back overgrown bushes and trees around your home etc.
Report via email (it's fastest) any incident in your area to the HPHA’48 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will circulate all relevant details to the block captains and can also email the neighborhood, if needed
- We also copy the LAPD on this information, but you must file a crime report directly with the LAPD for accurate reporting and City records.
LAPD Wilshire Community Police Station
- Hancock Park is under the jurisdiction of the, LAPD Wilshire Community Police Station, located at:
4861 West Venice Boulevard (one block east of La Brea)
Los Angeles, CA 90019
Other Important/Useful Numbers:
Immediate life threatening police, fire or medical emergency: 9-1-1
Parking enforcement (blocked driveway, parking violation, locate impounded vehicle): 213-485-4184
Police non-emergency: 877-ASK-LAPD (877-275-5273)
Sanitation (missed trash pick-up, broken container): 800-773-2489
Traffic control (signal light out): 213-485-4184
Dept. of Water & Power: 800-342-5397
Other City issues: 3-1-1
To assist with outreach services for people experiencing homelessness Homeless Persons – HCIDLA (lacity.org)